Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 5 - End of the first week

I can't totally believe that I made through the first week. A quarter of all the torture has finished, but it is just the beginning. I don't really know who to trust,though - those who claim that the first week is the most difficult as it is the adaptation period, or those who say that the first week is just an introduction and it gets tougher and tougher with time.. one way or another, I will still have to find it out myself in the following weeks, so I will stop guessing right here, right now.

Anyway, the day started with Manana teaching grammar. First, she showed us pictures of Audrey Hepburn and Angelina Jolie. She asked a few questions about their life, then she gave us mixed strips of papers to define which piece of information was related to which actress. After we had done this in pairs, she made us stick them on board, in two columns and the other group had to correct the mistakes. This was eliciting of Past simple/Present Perfect tenses. Afterwards, she drilled pronunciation with us and gave true/false handouts to circle correct grammatical forms. Free practice was to imagine we were famous actresses and think about our biography so that the others could ask us questions.

Anyway, session 2 started in a way that made me laugh until I cried. Nick drew something on the board that I tried to illustrate in photoshop. Yes, this is a completely new version of hangman, well at least for me and I just loved it. With this, he illustrated phonology and then continued drilling pronunciation. We had to do a Maze game/activity in pairs, it was based on stress.

Basically, these were the main points of the day. Another, more exciting detail was looking in my CELTA 5 and discovering the feedback for week 1. I felt so good and again so stressed because I have to keep it up the next weeks and I don't know how much strength I have left after all these sleepless nights. Even today, I have to prepare my lesson plan for Monday, because then I have to also work on the first assignment, which I guess will be not less than a nightmare.



No comments:

Post a Comment