Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 2 - Somehow calm Thursday

Today and tomorrow I am celebrating temporary freedom from all the lesson-related stress, but I guess next week will be double-trouble as I have to deliver a lesson 3 times. Today I resubmitted my assignment and also had a tutorial. I have not heard anything about the former yet, but the latter was fair enough.

We talked about reading in our first session and all the terminology like activating schemata, eliciting and so on. Manana gave us a very nice lead-in. She basically turned the reading text into a ball and asked us to read as many things from it as possible, but...without touching it. It was pretty efficient, though. We were also introduced to our third assignment which is due on Monday, Week 4. All the assignments are getting worse and worse..I absolutely hate them, but ok, I do recognise they are useful so I should force myself to work on them obviously.

The second session was basically dedicated to watching a DVD lesson of some kind of Jonathan who did pretty well by the way. I do hope that I will integrate some of his techniques in my own lesson.
Today I observed teachers in the second group, which is pre-intermediate and of course, this is another stress factor..changing groups.. getting to know new people, even more, remembering their names!

I don't want to do this anymore, I'd rather be a cat 

No comments:

Post a Comment