Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 2 - Wednesday and deleted lesson plan

Probably this was the worst day so far and hopefully by the end of the course, it will remain so. The main reason is that I wrote my lesson plan and procedure at 2 a.m. but it seems that I forgot to save the procedure and at one point *word went blank so I had to restart it thinking I had saved everything. Alas, I was wrong.. So then, as my brain was not working anymore, I decided to get some sleep and set my alarm clock at 5 a.m. at which time I woke up and did another lesson plan. That was awful. I was not even focusing on making it appropriate as long as I had something presentable.

Anyway, I went to the sessions. It all started with presentation about different ways of error correction, while session two was all about tenses and aspects. It was highlighted that tense does not equal to time and we had to deal with conveying meaning.

After lunch, mine was the first lesson and above that, it had to last for 60 minutes. As if I had not been delivering 2-hour lessons at British council already and in previous workplaces. I felt tense, but at the same time I am already so overloaded with everything happening around me that I just thought: OK, whatever, I don't really care.

This lesson focused on Reading and usage of Used to and Would, which I think was pretty successfully delivered. Manana told me that the drilling stage was still not enough and as well as that, I should have tried to elicited more than given them the correct answers straight away. Still more needs to be done with ICQs and giving shorter instructions.

I do believe that I can do much better but somehow I really can't do anything else at this point. I have improved a lot already and I guess at any stage in my life I would have the same obstacles to prevent me from dedicated my entire time to CELTA. I am so used to multi-tasking that I guess I would not be able to only ONE thing EVER, ever. 

I guess I need a couple of these, or no, maybe tens or hundreds..or thousands???

No comments:

Post a Comment